Nothing much to say other than a few tweaks to Windows XP will make any slow computer run a lot faster. But for that, you will sacrifice a few visual effects.
First thing you want to do is:
1. Click on Start > Control Panel > Display
2. Click on the Appearance tab
3. Click on Effects
4. Uncheck everything but you are free to leave the last one checked.
5. Hit Apply and Ok to save your changes and quit the Display window.
1. Click on Start and right-click on My Computer and then click on Properties
2. Click on the Advanced tab
3. Click on Settings listed below the first option Performance
4. Click on Visual Effects and uncheck everything but the last 4 as I’ve done below
5. Hit Ok and exit the windows.
6. Reboot your junky PC and voila!!!