9to5.com had speculated a few times in the past on the design of the upcoming iPod Nano. They even had a poorly done mock-up. Regardless, an article they posted today had a picture of the alleged iPod Nanos in the classic colorful flower pattern. But if you look at the picture, you see that it was photographed off of a picture on Photoshop on a computer monitor. Then later today, Apple made a bunch of the bigger blog sites, including 9to5, take down the pic. The plot thickens.
So what the fuck is going on here? Is the picture (above) which Apple made 9to5 take down, fake? What do you say?
There’re only 5 things certain:
1. Apple’s stopped supplying iPod Nanos to retailers signaling the end is nigh.
2. The new Nano will feature a landscape format (not widescreen) screen for viewing videos as well as playing MP3s.
3. It should be out at BestBuys and Targets sometime this year. Whether it’s coming out next month (September) or the on October or even later is speculative.
4. Whatever it may look like, there’s gotta be a reason why Apple had many websites remove the above picture. Was it too close to the real product? If yes, EWWWW!
5. I still don’t need an iPod.
You say there’s fire, I don’t see any smoke but I definitely can smell something burning nearby.